Joining in

Subject: Joining in
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 20:31:23
>>I don't accept that 100 lbs can be generated by the odd wet
layup and a thick coat of paint, particularly as more than half the laying
up (the fuselage) is done by the factory.<<

Wanna bet?! The wings and tail add up to around 230 + lbs 10 to 15 % of that is
20 lbs already, then there's the filler. We thought we'd nearly finished and
still needed another pack of resin. That's 12 lbs without the glass flox or
whatever. The extra weight seems to creep in at dead of night when you are
asleep! We used at least 8 litres of hi build primer, I don't suppose all of it
got sanded off. 2 lbs a litre?

If you want a light aeroplane you have to be ruthless.

Graham