new kid on the block

Subject: new kid on the block
From: W Williams-Wynne <wwwynne@ayla.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 21:12:03
I am a hill farmer from the West coast of North Wales.  My grass strip (PPR)
is at N52 36.72   W04 04.53.  It is 450 meters long, 02R/20L sloping up to
the middle - landing short is essential.  I fly a three axis Kolb Twinstar
582 (now sold subject to collection) and a Mainair Scorcher 503 wobbly.  I
started building kit 51 but as I wasn't progressing fast enough I have sold
the finished tail & wings to Tim Whittome of Aviemore, and purchased kit 40
---From Chris Grindley which was ready for the fuel tank - whose wasn't!  The
panel is just being finished off by RDAviation (gone a bit overboard here
I'm afraid) and I collected my shiny new EA81 118hp Subaru from Aero
Developments last week.  It looks the business too - I droooled over it far
more than over the chock.  Being realistic we hope to be airside by the end
of March 96.  The Twinstar took seven months to build and five months to
certificate because of all the mods we did, so I,ve got that T-shirt
already.  Hope to see some of you guys at Doncaster.  Great news about PK's
first flight but middle age spread is something that I have been fighting
four years and the EA is no Energen roll!  LL&P.  Bill