Flap/gear setting

Subject: Flap/gear setting
From: Rolph Muller <100031.533@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 09:42:04
I've just been struggling to set the flap deflection to 27 degrees as per the
manual, p10-107. As Graham Singleton suggested to me, the problem was  that I
hadn't enough gear movement i.e. I had made the gate too short, although the
slot length was as specified near as dammit. According to Andy, the normal gear
movement is approx.  48-51 degrees ( it doesn't appear in my manual!) and it
might be a good idea to check this before bonding in the plate and tufnol
rubbing strip.