List Demo & Subscribers Survey

Subject: List Demo & Subscribers Survey
From: Peter Thomas <100335.3566@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 17:04:11
Hello Everyone !

Europa List Demo

Last night I received a phone call from Trevor Jackson, the Europa Clubs Social
Secretary and Events Organiser. He asked me to give a brief presentation about
the Europa Mailing List at the forth coming Europa Club gathering in Doncaster
on 10th and 11th of November.

Well, when it comes to public speaking my bottle is well and truly out of the
window, so my opening defensive shot was to offer to attempt to answer any
question I was able to, in return for a drink at the bar. Unfortunately Trevor
knows that my reputation as a drinker is not great either, and at the proposed
exchange rate of one drink per question I would be able answer two and a half
questions before being carried off for a full inspection and major overhaul.

Trevor was having none of this, so the agreement stands that I will endeavour to
demonstrate use of the Europa Mailing list, AVnet and AVSIG etc. in between the
real aeronautical speakers as a sort of side show. Graham Singleton who also
popped in on his way back from the Europa factory last night thought that this
would be a great way of demonstrating the list in a very real way. So it looks
like Ive been signed up !

Any ideas of how to make this as interesting as possible will be most welcome.

For a start, how about anyone who cant make it on the day sends a question or
two (via the list) to any of the speakers. At the end of their talk I will ask
them (very politely) to answer your questions as part of the side show. (Does
anyone know anything about Internet Relay Chat by the way ?). I will try and get
a finalised list of speakers to you well before the day.

Subscribers Survey

Trevor also asked me, how many actual builders are using the list. The honest
answer is that I dont know. I do know that there are 115 e-mail addresses
subscribed to the list, but who you are and whether you are building a Europa or
not remains a mystery. So, in order to give everyone a clearer understanding of
who is using the list would you be kind enough to fill in the following
questionnaire ?

-----------------------CUT HERE-----------------------------------------

Kit Number.................:
Builders Name..............:
E-Mail.Address.............:
Type (Future or Current)...:
Home County(State)/Country.:
Engine/Prop Option.........:
Start Date.................:
End Date...................:
Flying/Building Experience.:

-----------------------CUT HERE-----------------------------------------

Please fill in what you can, if you are not building, when do you intend to
start etc. I will post the results in a few weeks time to the archives. Those of
you who have looked in the archive already will recognise the format of these
questions as I have attempted to compile a builders database like this before.
The current one however needs updating and was compiled before the Mailing list
started.  Apologies to those of you who have filled this in before, but please
do so one more time.

Please return the above section with your details filled in to me, Peter Thomas,
directly on 100335.3566@compuserve.com. Please dont use the list as it will
clog it up for real Europa chat.

Thanks in advance and happy building.

Best Wishes