Cockpit module controls

Subject: Cockpit module controls
From: dbosomworth@meto.govt.uk
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 17:43:26

     Hello all,

     Has anyone encountered problems with the bolts holding the tufnol
     blocks on the aileron torque tube ? To keep the blocks square to each
     other they stand proud of the cockpit module slightly along one edge.
     I know a flox pad is used to take up the gap, but then the bolts are a
     little shorter than required.

     After receiving the latest mod list yesterday I would also be
     interested in those more advanced builders attempting to insert the
     fuel tank supports. Do you feel it would be better to add the supports
     after strapping the tank in but before bonding it to the cockpit
     module ?

     Finally, any ideas when the first 'builders europa' will fly, it must
     be soon now....

     chus,   dave.