new Member

Subject: new Member
From: Thomas Breitenbach <100525.3672@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 15:29:39
Hi to everybody,
following the Europa discussion on Compuserve since a while, I joined the Mail
list a couple of days ago.
As I told some of you before, I am actually building a complete different type
of aircraft - a biplane ultralight called Kiebitz B.
This projekt will take another year ( I am already building since 3 years now ),
but the same way as many things in life are changing (a wife and 2 children also
in the last 3 years), my new favorite homebuild is the Europa and this for more
then one year. It seems to become serious.
2 Month ago I visited the Europa factory by "accident", because I had to
"deliver" a friend of mine to his wife, which is living near Scarborough.
So, quick decision - I rented as usual my also loved but damned ugly and slow
Morane 893E (D-EGMH) and we flew from Kiel via Calais to Fadmoor.
There we met the very nice guy Peter, owner of this airstrip. We had 2 realy
nice days in this area, because Peter showed us around to all aviation related
places like Slingsby and of course Europa factory.
Unfortunately it was at Saturday and there was no way to get a complete
lookaround at Europa Ltd., but there were some friendly Guys in the Storage
which gave us a short introduction in there work and we had the chance to have
look to lots of parts of the Europa what helps to became a better Imagination of
what the Europa could be in real.
So, lots of words, to make it short, I am interrested in al aspects of the
Europa, and seriously infected with the Europa virus.I guess, as soon as I have
finished my actual projekt I will jumpin the next.... i`m shure, the Europa.
BTW-if anybody of you will heare of a Europa-Builder, who gave up and want to
sell,let me know.
Thomas Breitenbach
Gut Horst 1
D-24601 Stolpe