New Europa Web Pages

Subject: New Europa Web Pages
From: Peter Thomas <100335.3566@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 07:50:51
New Europa Web Pages

Over the last few weeks I have been working on some World Wide Web (WWW)
pages to advertise the existence of the Europa Mailing List, together
with a few facts and pointers about the Europa and the Europa Club.

Thanks to Monu of AVnet, I have also been able to add a very useful page
that displays a summary of all messages in the archive. This makes it
very easy to find your way through old messages. At the end of each month
we will generate a new page. You will never have to trawl through the
text based archives again.

To have a look just tune your Web Browsers to :.....

      http://www.avnet.co.uk

Click on the What's New Link and away you go.

NB If you are a CompuServe user you must install the CompuServe NetLauncher
software before you can access the WWW via your CIS account.

If you have any questions on how to do this, please e-mail me (Peter Thomas)
directly on 100335.3566@compuserve.com

New Files in Archive

When I first set up the MajorDomo list for Europa builders and future builders
I didn't really know how it would turn out.

My personal wish was that it would be as close to having a friendly chat at
the bar of a Europa Fly in as we could get.

As the list has grown, (currently there are 70 subscribers) not surprisingly,
one or two messages have drifted off the Europa Subject. These have been mainly
due to our inexperience of using such a list. I don't see this as a problem,
just part of the learning process, after all we are plane builders not computer
network wizards.

However, I have been advised, by more experienced Internet users, that it might

be a good idea to post a few words of wisdom from the owners of other
'more mature' mail lists.

As such you will find in the archive a file called DO&DONT.TXT the full title
of this file is :-

'Mailing List Netiquette: things to do and things to avoid'

to retrieve this file just send an e-mail to the REQUEST e-mail address

 europa-request@avnet.co.uk

The subject does not matter but the body of the message should contain the
words...

 get europa do&dont.txt
 get europa index.txt
 end

The contents of DO&DONT are just a few guide lines to bear in mind. The last
thing I want is anyone to be put off using the list for fear of breaking any
rules.

Please address any comments to me directly

Peter Thomas
100335.3566@compuserve.com

Good News for CompuServe Users

I have heard a rumour that CompuServe are to STOP charging for sending
and receiving Internet Mail. This is due to come into effect from
the 10th of September 1995.