Build times

Subject: Build times
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 16:27:27
We have an accurate timing of 550 hrs to construct (but not fill or
paint) tail and wings. This was a two man operation normally in four hour
shifts. Two working together is slower than one due to the chat and
discussion, but errors are much less likely and one big error could set
you back a while. However there were quite a few repeats due to the mods.
which appeared regularly, but hopefully things are now stable.

Can't see how vacuum bagging on a "non-developable" surface can avoid
creases showing unless you have very flexible bag. We intend to pursue
Ron Swinden's method of stretching parallel fishing lines across the
chord direction, and scraping down to constant thickness in level areas,
with some hollow filling capability.

gemin