Re: Thanks

Subject: Re: Thanks
From: Steven A Eberhart <newtech@evansville.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 22:16:30

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Dirk Rackley wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Steven A Eberhart wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Marc LeFevre wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks to those of you who responded to my recent posting.  This is
> > > a very useful way of carrying on the discussions that one needs in
> > > making a decision as to what plane to build.
> > >
> > [snip]
> > > I'd also like to ask those of you that are well along in your kits to
> > > estimate about how much of the overall build time will be filling and
> > > sanding the wing and tail surfaces.  The tedium of that process could
> > > be the thing that makes me become a tin bender rather than an expoxy
> > > slosher.
> >
> > Marc,
[more snip]

> > Just got off of the phone with Bob Berube from the Lakeland office and he
> > is sending additional info to assist in me being able to match the
> > production stab. with my test panels.  They are in the process of
> > building a demonstrator using the wet layup method.  Hope to be able to
> > compare the wet layup vis-a-vis vacuum bagging.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> If you can get me the airfoil designator (i.e. 65012) used on the tail we
> could generate either a coordinate listing (We have the NASA airfoil
> generator program for most airfoils) or also plot full sized templates.
>

>    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|--------------------------->>>>>>>>>!!
>    |  Vortecs Aircraft    Vancouver WA                    ---{*}---        |

Dirk,

THanks for the offer to help in lofting the airfoils.  I ordered the tail
assembly manual and Bob indicated he would include as much information as
he could about the airfoils, plan form, etc.  When I see what I get I
will drop you a note.

I am anxiously awaiting the info as I think the vacuum bagging along with
a semi ridged "mold" structure to jig the wing pannels while the epoxy is
cured is the best way to go.  Should result in a lighter, stronger wing
in a fraction of the time.

Thanks,

Steve