G-KITS

Subject: G-KITS
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 19:42:43
Today I had the chance to do something useful :-] I flew RH seat in G-KITS and
copied down some numbers. Performance is not as outstanding as YURO but she's
very EZ to land.  It was very hot, around 32deg C so RoC was down somewhat and
the cooling was not quite adequate in a 60kt full power climb.
I think the cooling air outlet is partially blocked by the exhaust silencer and
the nose gear mounting. This is perhaps stalling the inlets and also affecting
the propeller efficiency. Hence the greater than expected loss of performance
due to the gear alone. The actual prop taken from YURO gives different static
rpm.
Graham