Re: Introduction

Subject: Re: Introduction
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 21:47:58

>  did not dare to
>write my first message to a group of expert users ...

Norbert - welcome to the list and don't be intimidated - post your messages
and I'm sure they will be sympathetically received!

> I'm going to visit the factory within the next two
>weeks to have a closer look to the Europa.
[snip]
>  I would like to take a ride in the demonstrator to see
>if I can really handle the plane.

Make sure that Pete and Andy (the pilots) are not away at Oshkosh when you
plan to visit.

>Are there any builders in Germany? Could I get a list of builders,
>and if yes, how?

I know of 2 people in Germany:

N Adam at Niederkruchten (PFA 247-12666, G-BVJN)
D Bosomworth at RAF Bruggen (PFA 247-12611)

As these are registered as PFA projects I assume the builders are intending
to eventually fly them in UK under UK permit to fly.

I believe that people who've actually started building get a list of all
builders from the factory. Mine is built up just by watching the 'New
Projects' announcements in 'Popular Flying' and the new registrations on
the UK register.

I guess the factory would be prepared to put you in touch with people near
you who are already building, if you ask nicely.

Keep dreaming! I too am taking voluntary redundancy shortly and have my
wife's permission for the project! (Ivan said he thought the fact that I
was prepared to give up the day job just to be able to build it seemed a
pretty good ad for the plane.)

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...