flight testing

Subject: flight testing
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 21:20:03
In April 1995 'AOPA Pilot', Marc E Cook mentioned:

Advisory Circular 90-89 'Amateur-built Aircraft Flight Testing Handbook'

in his article on preparing his Pulsar for flight.

I contacted him through AOPA-US (they didn't seem to know about how to get
the document) asking how I could get a copy in the UK. He reckoned he had a
soft copy somewhere he could e-mail me, but as a newcomer to the net, he
wasn't too sure how to do that. Anyway, I haven't heard any more since, and
he's obviously been busy - he gets credit for 2 or 3 articles every month
in 'AOPA Pilot', and in the latest issue he's describing the completion of
the Pulsar flight testing - so I haven't liked to keep bothering him.

My original intention was really to find out if there was an FAA office
somewhere I could phone up and order a copy from. Does anyone on the US
side of the pond know about this document and where to buy it? Or is there
an FAA document ftp site?

I know I won't need it for a long time yet, and the FAA legal stuff won't
apply here in UK, but from Marc's description, it sounds like a useful
guide to the technical aspects of planning and executing a flight test
programme. The physics don't change even if the printed laws do!

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...