Re: Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust cracks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust cracks
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 11:45:01

I dont have a CKT exhaust however the springs on mine are commonly called
Trailer
Springs and work in compression rather than tension.

I note a lot of spring issues appear to be with the tension type.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 24 Aug 2022, at 10:56, hanaperrod <gilrod@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I too have had the same problems with my CKT exhaust system. #3and4 stubs
> badly
cracked, #4 replaced #3 welded 100hrs + still ok. as for the springs!!
> I seem to be forever replacing them. I'll try Johnathan's idea with the hope
it works on my A/C. Worth mentioning that all for stubs have different lengths
> between the mounting loops. #1 being longest .Surely there should be an
> optimum
distance for all the stub loops/box?