Europa-List: Re: UMA RPM gauge with Rotax 914

Subject: Europa-List: Re: UMA RPM gauge with Rotax 914
From: trevord <trevord@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:10:15

Thanks all,

So using my ready-readers that you can nearly see bacteria with, I found the
numbers
Ron mentioned on the white wires - yay.

So we have established that one must ignore the UMA install guide as far as the
wires chosen to connect the gauge to - on the 914 it is different - I will let
UMA know how confusing this information is.

Now I know which of the white wires to connect the gauge to, it does raise
another
question - since the UMA gauge requires that one of the signal wires is also
connected to GROUND, is the Turbo Control Unit (TCU) fussy about which one
?

Am I likely to short out the TCU in some way, by connecting one of these wires
that exit the TCU and connect to the UMA gauge to ground ?

I don't want to make a meal of this, but the TCU is a costly bit of kit to
replace
and I do not want to damage it of course.

Any thoughts ?

Regards
Trevor

--------