Re: Europa-List: Re: One for the books.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: One for the books.
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 06:41:50
No I haven't been up that high.  However I had a 30" map climb from 0 to
12000' at mtow two days ago and no issues.  Max temp was 225f.

 The mechanical acts as a emergency system if you like.   Mine has three
pumps altogether....two Bosch electrical and the standard mechanical pump.

There is also a return line from the fuel regulator.  All my fuel lines are
firesleeved as well.

So the way I see it is that the mechanical pump would not provide take off
power at my airfield (8500) but would be sufficient to maintain altitude.
The mechanical pump alone provides about 27" so that should be sufficient
to take off at sea level.

All that said I use100ll exclusively.

The machical pump is cooled by a 1/2 hole in the cowling.

Will