Europa-List: Re: Nav Lights

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Nav Lights
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 01:26:53

Matt,

If yours is a classic surely the skins are laid up onto the foam cores?

I believe a good solution is to use a hole cutting tool mounted onto a long
straight
tube (approx. 3/4in dia.).  The hole should be on the camber line (approx.
wing bending neutral axis).  Cables can be pulled through thereafter and the
ends sealed once all the functional checks are complete.

My XS (moulded skin, hollow wings) has wing nav/strobe cables retro fitted in
this
way (albeit the boring only is needed at the root and intermediate rib). Mine
had some 2 core cables installed at build but 5 core is needed for the
nav/strobe
combination units, so had to be changed.

Use shielded cable and connectors at the wing root to enable disassembly.

Regards
JW

--------
John Wighton