Re: Europa-List: Re: Nav Lights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Nav Lights
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 09:23:05

You only need 2 core cable for the LED Nav Strobes available from The Light
Aeroplane
Company.
I fitted them in place of my Nav lights recently and they are great.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY

> On 1 Nov 2017, at 08:26, John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>

> Matt,
>
> If yours is a classic surely the skins are laid up onto the foam cores?
>
> I believe a good solution is to use a hole cutting tool mounted onto a long
> straight
tube (approx. 3/4in dia.).  The hole should be on the camber line (approx.
wing bending neutral axis).  Cables can be pulled through thereafter and
the ends sealed once all the functional checks are complete.

> My XS (moulded skin, hollow wings) has wing nav/strobe cables retro fitted in
this way (albeit the boring only is needed at the root and intermediate rib).
Mine had some 2 core cables installed at build but 5 core is needed for the
nav/strobe
combination units, so had to be changed.