Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV50 pitch change motor

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV50 pitch change motor
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 13:55:52

Hi Matt,

I apologise, back in May I was distracted by the birth of my first son, and so
didn't have much time to browse forums.

I do know that the manufacturer is Faulhaber in Germany, and so could have
passed
this information on. I did some research because I wanted to install a CSC-1
controlled and I know this works at 12V, instead of the 6V rated motor running
at 9V from the standard Arplast PV50 controller. Which tends to lead to (I
am told; not experienced this yet a TBF of about 200 hours before the motor
burns
itself out from the over voltage)

What I haven't posted yet, but am wondering, is as the original part is
2224U006SR
there is an mechanically identical 2224U012SR which runs at 12V. Has anyone
replaced the motor with the 12V version?

I can't see a reason not to replace with the 12V version. The rpm is slightly
lower,
but as it's heavily geared anyway, the speed reduction will probably be
about 1rpm slower once it's passed through the gearbox. The torque is a little
higher, but this shouldn't matter unless you hit the mechanical stop... which
is what the micro-switches are there to protect.

Best,

Jon

Read this topic online here: