Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Trips 2017 UK/Europe
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 12:52:45

Hello David,

as a matter of fact we are a couple of Europa pilots here in Germany and the
Netherlands
and we sometimes organise a little DOTH by e-mail. Unfortunately I don't
have that much time for longer trips mostly due to family commitments (two
little children).

It might be a good idea to join the OUV-summer meeting (the OUV
"Oskar-Ursinus-Vereinigung" is the german counterpart of the LAA) in Bad
Drkheim http://www.edrf.de/ . This event is much smaller as the annual
LAA-rallye. Bad Drkheim is located quite central in West-Germany in the
Rhein-Main area and also a famous wine-growing district.

I will ask Jens, the president of the OUV and a Europa builder and -pilot as
well
(D-EJJG), if we can use the event also to show up with some additional Europas.
If not, we could probably arrange something else in a relaxed frame.

Also highly to recommend is the fly-in Wyk on the Fhr island in Northern Germany
---From the 6th - 8th August (Stefan from Norway tried to organise a Europa
fly-in
there in 2015, which unfortunately was cancelled on short notice due to bad
weather. I was there last year and met at least 2 other Europa-pilots :-)
Camping
under the wing is a matter of course there.....

I'll come back to that later.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI