Europa-List: Re: Tailplane Slop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tailplane Slop
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 23:03:21

Hi All,

I'm bumping this topic, because I am in the process of manufacturing the 11969
assembly in preparation to install and hit a confusing snag, which I hope
previous
installers can help me with.

Over the weekend I completed 2 off TE01, and was just "fit-checking" everything;
which is where I hit my snag but I am not sure where.

The BOM in the mod calls for MS21059-L4 anchor nuts and CCR264CS-4-2 rivets;
which
I ordered.

The problem is that the rivet won't pass through the mounting hole on the anchor
nut baseplate.

Checking my delivered paperwork, I was supplied with CCR264CS4-02 in leiu of
CCR264CS-4-2:
but this turned out to be a "supplier part number" issue and is not
a physical one.

Checking the specifications, the CCR264CS4-02 rivets are 1/8" (0.125")in
diameter.
The MS21059L4 spec sheets indicates mounting hole diameter of 0.098".

Measuring the parts carefully I am certain that I have been supplied with the
correct
parts against the BOM for the mod. Therefore I am not sure where the snag
is at the moment.

Has anyone else hit this snag, if so what was the solution?

Thanks,

Jon

Read this topic online here: