Europa-List: Re: Arplast news

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Arplast news
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:21:04

Hi Ken,

It's comforting to know that I am not alone. The worst part is no real source of
information. As you mention, the specs would be nice, even to source a supplier
for our own parts.

I looked last week at the Nylon blocks and, I agree, they don't look easy to
replace.
The best option seems to be if a complete set of dogs with blocks can be
sourced. Otherwise I foresee a small swing press being needed.

What symptoms do you have? Mine is an RPM dependent seemingly low frequency low
amplitude vibration that you can mainly feel through the rudder pedals and the
fuselage/wheel well if I lean my thighs against them.

It only becomes apparent once airborne, and flap setting, airspeed, even blade
pitch seem to have no effect. Only the change in the RPM. But it seems to always
be present, through all RPM values, and no real change in the amplitude. So
I don't think a resonance is being established anywhere.

I feel OK flying circuits or just off the circuit, but it's just enough to knock
the confidence to go further afield.

Best regards

Jon

Read this topic online here: