Europa-List: Re: Crossing the Channel?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Crossing the Channel?
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 14:05:57

I will echo Le Touquet. I used that as my first landing in the EU when I ferried
my plane from the UK. A great airport. Very friendly, and nothing to worry
about.

As you have a classic like me, I wouldn't worry about crossing the channel. If
anything goes wrong we float with our foam filled wings  [Laughing] ***

I am sure there are people who will disagree with me, but I find nothing
difficult
about crossing the channel. It's more of a paperwork exercise, as you need
to file a plan to go and return... and a customs GAR on return. You don't need
one on your way to the EU. The only other difference is that the people on the
other end of the radio have different accents.

*** - Disclaimer - I have never tried this, nor do I intend to; I am repeating
what I have been told  :D

Read this topic online here: