Europa-List: Re: Fly In to Sanicole, EBLE 3-5 July 2015

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fly In to Sanicole, EBLE 3-5 July 2015
From: tennant <barrington.tennant@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 03:21:55

Duncan,

I just read this in the Belgian AIP:
-----------------------------------
The carriage and operation of mode S transponders with Basic Functionality is
mandatory
in the Brussels FIR/UIR airspace for all aircraft operating:
in civil class C airspace
in civil class D airspace
in class G airspace for VFR flights at night.

The carriage and operation of a serviceable transponder - capable of replying to
Mode A and C interrogations - is mandatory in the Brussels FIR/UIR airspace
for all aircraft operating in military controlled airspace.
-------------------------------------

It appears that for VFR day flights no mode S is necessary.

Please correct me if I am wrong, before I do something silly!
David,
I had not heard of the mentioned Shengen changes. Where can I read about it??

Best regards

Barry Tennant

--------
Barry Tennant