Europa-List: Re: Europa fuel system - is it suitable for MOGAS with etha

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa fuel system - is it suitable for MOGAS with ethanol?
From: GBWFH2010 <gaxuk2001@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 04:16:50

Thank you to all who have replied. This is what I like about this forum, so much
good information from people who know and understand Europas.

To answer John W question, where have I been getting MOGAS without ethanol? I
have
been using BP Ultimate Unleaded without any problems, since Malcolm McBride
of LAA Engineering  published the following in the July 2013 LAA Magazine:

Therefore we can revise our advice to pilots that if they can no longer source
ethanol free 95RON fuel but can obtain 97+RON fuel which complies with BS EN228,
then it is a legally acceptable alternative"

Nearly all the fuel company's 'Super' or 'Premium' fuels are labelled EN228 on
the pumps and until very recently have been ethanol-free. In the South East BP
are now adding ethanol, but so far Esso are not. The frustrating thing is the
situation differs from region to region and it is difficult getting information
---From the oil companies. So we know methanol is coming, hence my initial
question.

I was interested in the CAA's latest CAP747 document and encouraged by Brian
stating
the LAA will be issuing their own information shortly.

Finally Bud, what can I say? Thank you for the incredibly detailed information.
I will be following this very carefully if we get permitted to use ethanol fuel.
It is also great to hear you are back in the air again.

--------
Gordon Grant

G-BWFH

Read this topic online here: