Re: Europa-List: Thanksgiving

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Thanksgiving
From: Hal Carpenter <wtcef@arn.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 07:58:08
Bud,
You are correct that we all have much to be thankful for.  I delt with
prostate cancer back in 08 and am currently doing well on an every six
months hormone shot.  PSA stays at 0 for all practical purposes.  Keeping
my medical between 08 and 13 was a hassle but with the most recent medical
I am back on the normal 2 year cycle and don't have to notify the FAA of
prostate status unless there is medical change. I had the narrow beam
radiation treatment in 08 which seemed to work for awhile but then PSA shot
up and now I have "advanced" cancer so they say.  I feel very normal in
every way, still work and am quite active for a 66 year old!  I do hope the
"drivers license medical" becomes a reality soon.  For the kind of flying I
do, it would be suitable and less dealing with FAA would be welcome.
Haven't seem Claud for awhile.  We work out of town (at Ft. Bliss in El
Paso) three weeks out of the month so it has been a challenge to have time
to fly when home with all the other family things to tend to.  Claud's
wings have been off his plane for about three months...don't know why.
Thanks for all your expert help and advice relative to owning and operating
a Europa!  It is good to have someone like you as our technical expert.
Blessings,
Hal Carpenter