Europa-List: ICOM headset adapter

Subject: Europa-List: ICOM headset adapter
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 09:44:22
Pete
that would be me.

I resolved the issue in two ways one of which is festooning the headset
cable with Ferrite Cores as per the attached.  Very often you can get
ferrite cores from old computer cables, and as I am a chronic hoarder I had
several (and whenever I throw something out I find a need for that very
same thing within a week)
The second thing you have to do is make a PTT which fits in the third
smaller socket on the adapter. The radio PTT doesn't seem to work when the
adapted is fitted.

Also this morning I fitted an adapter for the rubber ducky to the top of
the fuselage of my ICP Stol.

The whistling doesn't completely go away but it is controlled, coming back
much reduced  for short periods which can usually be stopped by moving the
wires about.

With all these mods I got range and quality are similar to the panel
mounted Xcom.

yours

Will

William Daniell