Re: Europa-List: Mode S transponders ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mode S transponders ?
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:32:25
The CAA Websire link is here

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1066&pagetype=90&pageid=1213
6

and the PDF document in the UK AIP is here

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-BA48DDEC21A526F8DB67C8E9
6A4051BC/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/AIP/GEN/EG_GEN_1_5_en_2011-07-28.pdf

You need to go to page GEN 1-5-14 paragraph 5.3

I haven't read it well enough to translate.

Alan

On 21 Aug 2011, at 12:49, Carl Pattinson wrote:

> Doesn=92t exactly answer my question but makes it clear that after
December 2011 my transponder (Terra 250D) won=92t be visible to many
traffic control services.

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=2816&sid=
c3148430b767061a51d6616159521ded

> I suspect many of us already flying will have the same problem (and
possibly some still building)

> Not so much the case that we have to fit the transponders but that
what we have fitted won=92t work anymore. (ie: cannot be interrogated by
ATC).