Re: Europa-List: FlowScan Problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FlowScan Problems
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 16:13:54
John,
It sounds like you need to look at your model as well as wire chasing
the EIS/flow scan hookups, as others have so expertly given you advise
for.  There are different variations for the GRT EIS and differences in
the wiring.

EASY WAY:  Send the unit to GRT and tell Sandy what you want.  She'll
set up the unit and send the proper wiring diagrams to suit your
situation.  The flow scan sensor itself is very trustworthy and I doubt
it is the problem.  However if that is your only problem don't stop
flying, as FF is a nice to have.

HARDER WAY.
Model 2000 is wired differently than Model 4000.  The older 4000 models
had to be modified for dual fuel flow.  Model 2000 and early 4000 were
set up for single fuel flow.  So power up and find out what version you
have.  The 2000 is ideal for the 912 but not the 914.

Get to know what version you have and study the manuals.  The single
fuel flow is OK for the 912/912S, and the 914 needs to have the dual
fuel flow EIS 4000 mod.  Sandy at GRT can send you the wiring
schematic/manuals if that is all you need.

Attached is an .xlsx file which is my standard wiring hookup for GRT EIS
dual fuel flow on the Model 4000 for a 914 and it works.
Also attached is the model 2000 wiring hookup from a subie I did years
ago, note it is significantly different.  I haven't done a 2000 in 10
years (I get them converted) so I am a bit rusty, but I know that for
under $400 the Model 2000 can be upgraded to a 4000 the way you want it
if you need dual fuel flow or desire additional Aux inputs.

It sounds as if you were not supplied with the manuals from the panel
builder, so have Sandy email them to you.  Hook up is a piece of cake,
just follow the schematic.

When you call GRT, be sure to explain your particular setup and version,
and they will give the the necessary recommendations and offer
recommendations, If you send the EIS to them, they'll have the techs set
it up for you.  Then it is just plug and play, (after you do the setup /
calibration procedures in the manual for proper reading of the fuel
flow, of course).

Regards,
Bud Yerly