Re: Europa-List: Wing PIP Pins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing PIP Pins
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:35:08
Jeff,
Glad to here your making progress.

The pin is a BLS4R 11 N.
I am out of stock, as this is happening a lot lately with broken heads
and corrosion with time.
Email Karen direct at Europa and she will ship direct.  It's a small
package so shipping won't kill you.
About $50 ea if memory serves and please if you are considering going
with another source (Europa buys through Southco (Dzus) or Avibank I
believe) you must get aircraft quality spec.  There is a lot of shear
force on these pins, so don't scrimp.  Graco and McMaster Carr do not
carry these types of pins any longer from Southco, but I haven't checked
recently.

The last ones I got were direct from Southco and it wasn't cheap for two
pins.  Over a hundred for the hardened ones a pair.  I begged as the
dealer and didn't get wholesale price because they are a low use, high
quality pin.  They weren't quick getting them to me either.

Regards,
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.
www.customflightcreations.com