Europa-List: Updated Prices

Subject: Europa-List: Updated Prices
From: David Stanbridge Swift TG <david.stanbridge@swifttg.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:03:24

To all,

Unfortunately this time I am the bearer of non Christmas cheer as the prices
for the Europa kit and spares have changed, unfortunately in the upward
direction. There are a number of reasons for this:

1. The reduced value of the GBP versus the USD, from where some of the raw
components are sourced.
2. Increased raw material prices in terms of GRP and Carbon Fibre.

On average the cost of a Monowheel kit has increased by 5.5% and that of a
Trigear between 6.1% and 6.4% depending on whether it is a motorglider or
not.

What compounds the situation is that there is no economy of scale and as
such the company costs need to be distributed over a smaller projected sales
volume. In the future we very much hope that this situation will change and
therefore there can be reductions.

On a brighter note we are looking at ways of reducing both the build time
and the manufacturing time (in order to reduce the costs of the kit) and the
results of this will be published shortly. Also we are now actively
marketing the NG Control Surfaces that reduces the time of the Stage 1 kit
---From over 200 hours to 30 hours. Unfortunately this leads to more work for
us, hence there is a price increase over the conventional control surfaces
that you are most familiar.

Although this mail is the bearer of bad tidings I do wish you all a Merry
Christmas and a new year full of flying.

David Stanbridge
Europa Aircraft

PS: If there are any comments you wish to pass on please feel free to
contact me at david.stanbridge@swifttg.com, via my mobile +44 (0)7725 655600
or the landline +44 (0)1603 262301.