Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420/2102 - Availabilty

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Araldite 420/2102 - Availabilty
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:37:06
Craig,
All my epoxy is freshly made.  Huntsman will not make a shipment unless
it is all fresh.  From the manufacturer supplied product data sheets,
Araldite 420 is three years using the unopened containers supplied.
Epibond, which is in metal cans, has only been tested to one year for
storage and that is what the data sheet says from Huntsman.  Maybe your
containers are different down under.  Yes the metal cans lasts longer
just like the Araldite, but I have to go by the product data sheet
supplied.  It is the container of the hardener that makes the difference
---From what I see.  Once opened, it is hard to get a good seal on the
cans.  I transfer my hardener to a small neck glass bottle with a tight
metal cap and have no problems.  It doesn't even get a scum layer.  The
resin is never a problem.

I am working with Europa about a substitute of Hysol 9309.3NA.  Don't
look for a huge price difference though.

Bud