Re: Europa-List: testing alti

Subject: Re: Europa-List: testing alti
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:06:22
Paul,
When I need a quick and dirty Pitot Static check, my local avionics shop
told me this one and I use it when I build panels.  I will suck the
static line down to 1 inch hg pressure which is 1000 feet and pinch the
line.

The airspeed is going to come up to 135 Knots and both should hold.  You
may need to disconnect your vsi if it vents excessively.  No special
equipment necessary.  The cost of having a certified shop give you a
check is not prohibitive.  Have them guarantee that they will check the
panel when done (prior to installation) and after final assembly for one
price.

The pitot I do not check as the main problem with airspeed indicators is
the static side.

For true functionality to include the altitude encoder, there is no
replacement for a proper P&S check by a suitable avionics shop.
Bud Yerly