Europa-List: New SPAM and Virus Filtering Appliance At Matronics...

Subject: Europa-List: New SPAM and Virus Filtering Appliance At Matronics...
From: Matt Dralle <dralle@matronics.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:39:00

Dear Listers,

I will be installing a new SPAM and virus blocking appliance this
evening or tomorrow.  The installation will involve some changes
in the Matronics DNS MX records, and will impact how incoming
email is handled.  While I expect these changes to be transparent
to all of the List subscribers, things might go differently... ;-)

The Lists get bombarded with tons of SPAM messages and viruses
each day and fortunately my custom filters have been extremely
effective at filtering most of this from redistribution.  Its
time to move to the next level of technology, however, and this
SPAM and Virus filtering appliance seems like an excellent
solution.

I will post a follow up message later in the week when things
have stabilized and I have some filter statistics to share.

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
Matronics Email List Admin.

--

Matt G. Dralle | Matronics | P.O. Box 347 | Livermore | CA | 94551
925-606-1001 Voice | 925-606-6281 FAX | dralle@matronics.com Email