Europa-List: Re: Resin scales

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Resin scales
From: RoddyEuropa@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:04:24

Having tried electronic scales, and the original europa 'two pot' balance, I did
almost all my building using the Neville design 'single pot' balance. Works
brilliantly for resin and redux.

This is how it works:

Scale has hanging pot holder on one side of the fulcrum, and long flat
counterbalance
on the other.
You put a mixing cup on the balance and add a small weight to counterbalance the
empty cup.
Add the resin, and put a 4 oz weight at the right place to balance the scale.
Put on a 1 oz weight, and then add the hardener to balance the scale.

For redux you simply use weights with the ratio of 5:2.

Roddy Kesterton #220 ('almost' finished building...)