Re: Europa-List: Hangar B-17

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hangar B-17
From: Chris Cameron <c.cameron@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:21:16

The Garmin 3600 IS a Palm PDA, with added GPS functionality.

Does anyone know how the GPS component interfaces to other applications?  Can
other
applications (like hangerb17 or gpspilot) access the GPS without extra
development
effort?

> From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
> Date: 2003/09/03 Wed AM 08:27:22 GMT+12:00
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Europa-List: Hangar B-17
>

> Chuck writes,
> "You are correct in that the automotive GPS programs come as standard;
> however,
>  Hangar B-17 has come out with an excellent program.  I have been trying to
>  install my program with Windows XP and have had a few problems, I called them
>  today and a new release to fix the problem for the Garmin 3600 should be
>  complete before the week is over.  Check them out at www.HangerB17.com
> Chuck R"
>
> I have just visited Hangar B-17 as you suggested and could not find any
> reference
to the program you mention.  It seems as if their software is for Palm PDA's
am I missing something?