Re: Steering/finger Brakes

Subject: Re: Steering/finger Brakes
From: Rob Neils <RobNeils@aimcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:55:16
Cliff, David and Gary,

I mounted the pedestal of the steering/finger brakes just above the fuselage
floor.  Be careful to mount the pedestal in such a way that  the pedestal
and brake levers don't interfer with the rudder cables.  The aluminum levers
I made are 360 mm long with a double curve making the knobs at the top of
the levers extend just a bit above the top of the tunnel so I can finger
grab them easily and comfortably.  The slots in the top of the tunnel are 70
mm long and leave just enough room between the bottom of the panel and the
knobs that my fat fingers can grab 'em quickly.  This gives full travel to
the levers to actuate the brakes.

Rob
A162