Re: Wing tip triangle close out . . nav light installation.

Subject: Re: Wing tip triangle close out . . nav light installation.
From: william mcclellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:05:39
Steve,

The manual, Fig. 6, Page 8-4 shows it fitted with the concave side faced
inboard.  Several builders have put the concave side outboard.  Structurally I
don't think it maters.  I put it concave side outboard and I will put tape in
the aileron closeout to seal against the wing tip as I have seen on several
planes.  Redux with flox will bond better than epoxy/flox.  No BID lay-up
necessary.

I still have to put my strobe/nav lights on but will do it as Kim Prout did.
Your method sounds fine.  You might ask Kim how he did his.

Bill McClellan
A164