Wing tip triangle close out . . nav light installation.

Subject: Wing tip triangle close out . . nav light installation.
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:40:46
The manual isn't too specific about the installation  of the preformed
closeout apparatus thing in the wing tip.  My assumption is that it is just
floxed in place after forming and shaping it to conform to the recess at
the trailing edge of the tip.  Is there any bid layup to be put in here
other than to close out any gaps that come about?

I am also in the thinking stages of wing tip surgury to install the
Aeroflash strobe-nav light assembly.  My thoughts on this installation are
to make up a backing plate of a thin foam/fiberglass laminate or maybe
plywood/fiberglass to back up the unit and then transfer drill the 3 holes
---From the light base to the laminate, install nutplates  here  Then
fiberglass this backer inside the wing tip with 3 plies of bid. A clear
shot from here to a properly secured and situated conduit tube to allow for
wiring  installation and repair.

Any comments on these two issues are much appreciated.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ

--- Steve Hagar