Re: Tail Twist

Subject: Re: Tail Twist
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:09:40
William,
I have been through this saga, although I am an early builder (#292)
relatively speaking; Mono so do not know how similar it is to your
problem. The result, from my investigation, is an inherit twist,  from
the original bottom moulding resulting in a difference of 5mm between
the level of the port side (Higher) as opposed to the starboard at the
tail. This results in the port side stabilator being 5mm lower then the
starboard as compared to the stabilator fairings once the torque tube
has been set horizontal. The answer to it is to do nothing! One has to
live with it. Trying to correct an inherit twist is asking for trouble.
Hope this is of some help.
Cheers,
Tim

--