W27 Socket

Subject: W27 Socket
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:05:21

My W27 each side of the fuselage, with the wings mounted, will centre
about 12mm forward of the centre cross on the metal hard plate in the
fuselage. I read in the newsletter (number 20) that the wing pin socket
ATTACHING bolts should not be less than 10mm to the inserts metal edge,
which makes sense. So mine will be. It would be much better to orientate
them vertically to avoid this. Can this be done?

Further to the last message, by placing the W27 socket vertically, the
attaching bolts will be more than 10mm away from the edge of the metal
insert all round, as the difference is only horizontal.
My aft sockets will be OK with all attaching bolts not less than
10mm from the mental edge. The forward attaching bolt, with W27 mounted
horizontally, is 8mm from the edge of the metal insert from the bolt
hole center. Rotated 45 degrees give it plenty of space in excess of
10mm, and even vertically there would be no problem.
What is the answer? I have emailed Andy about this but would be
interested in other builders fixes.

Cheers,
Tim

--