Re: other trailer woes - wing damage on long trip

Subject: Re: other trailer woes - wing damage on long trip
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:14:03
In a message dated 22/02/00 23:27:19 GMT Standard Time, rowil@clara.net
writes:

<< He's just bought a completed flying Europa from a builder in Scotland >>

If this was G-RBBB from Peebles,  then the wing supports had been modified
with profiled aluminium plates extending fore and aft with internal padding,
so I will be surprised !.  I have done the same to spread the load. Even so
it is important that the wing is held down into the support by a strap
between the outrigger hinges and the lower frame of the trailer (and also
tied across the top between the wheels).  It is also important not to use to
much padding at mouth of the support (where it tends to be a bit narrow) or
there will be steady pressure on the top and bottom wing surfaces,even in
storage. This  will eventually depress the foam and spoil the important
profile. It may be different on the XS.

Graham Clarke  G-EMIN