Re: Bob Archer Antennas

Subject: Re: Bob Archer Antennas
From: Jerry Davis <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:09:10
I appear to get at least 40 miles using just an Icom A3 handheld running of
the aircraft power supply. I have used a vey simple antenna but tuned to
air-band and with a ground plane.

I think
check antenna connections
use good quality cable ( the correct type )
mount the antenna vertically
check with a SWR meter if available.
mine was about 1.2 ish

Jerry