Archive help

Subject: Archive help
From: Chris and Sue Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 20:26:08
I need some help here everyone.

I have downloaded and installed the "Europa Chat" database program and
installed it on our computer running Windows 98.  To sum it up, nothing
works.

The program runs ok and I get the instructions on how to import
messages, etc.  But, I can not import the sample files included with the
download.  I get a message that says "error during import".  Ok, strike
one.

Second, I cannot access the files on the FTP site using Netscape 4.7.  I
get an error about "file not found" on almost all the archives.  Only a
few (europa.9511) actually work.  Strike two.

Third, if I ask the mail server to send me the file through e-mail,
which works fine, when I save them and try to import them, I get the
database error.  Strike three.

PLEASE, I beg of you fine Europa builders, help a newbie builder get
this archive up and running.  I'm sure there is a ton of good stuff
there that I can use so I don't have to ask it again.

Thanks to all!

Chris Beck
A159