Re: Rudder hinge attachement

Subject: Re: Rudder hinge attachement
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:31:07
>Would a straight edge make any
>difference after the fact?<

Hi Steve,
I couldn't see the point of clamping the hinges to the straight edge either;
as you say, it's no guarantee that everything will be in line by virtue of
doing this.   I can't remember exactly how I did this: I think I used
mini-clamps to hold the top and bottom hinges in place; then checked
alignment visually using a metre rule (36" rule to you!) then went on from
there.   Afterwards I did the centre hinge.   The one thing I have found is
that the methods of building specified in the manual are generally very
good, but you may find a better/easier/more accurate way of doing something
yourself, or learn about it on the internet.   So long as you don't
compromise safety in any way, there's no reason why you shouldn't
experiment.

Lloyd Owens (Bu. 097)