Re: TP6 tailplane sleeve

Subject: Re: TP6 tailplane sleeve
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:39:51
Tony, If you are drilling stainless, it helps a lot to use cutting
fluid. Machine tool supply stores will have this available (hopefully in
small cans) in various different types for tapping, drilling and general
metal working. For home use, almost any of them will work fine. A little
goes a long way and you will probably find that the drill stays sharp
almost indefinitely. Cutting fluid also improves tool life for regular
steel and helps for clean cuts in aluminum.

I always remember drilling some SS boat fittings a long time ago and
watching in wonder as the end of the drill bit glowed red and welded
itself to the part !!

Cheers, John, A099