Ailerons ...plus

Subject: Ailerons ...plus
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 08:58:44
Just two other pointers that helped for me on the Aileron and Mass Balances.

1.Cutting the wing rebates with a diamond dremel saw blade.I hung the dremel
from
my carpenters apron belt with the dremel extension held in my right hand.I then
held the nozzle of the vacum cleaner in the left hand to suck up the waste while
cutting.Excellent for cutting the trim lines on the cockpit module and bottom
module.
Works well.

2.The templates for the mass balances. Cut them the same shape but a little
longer
then
given in the manual.I cut mine out of 3mm ply. Then place them up to the leading
edge of
the aileron in the correct position and scribe the difference in the shape of
the
L.E.on
to the ply. Then rasp the different shape to fit. Then recut the length
required.

3. I used the templates to mark out the shape of the side layups on the cloth
(with
the
additional 1cm all around) on the bench before wetting out the 2 plies on
plastic
film
on the bench.

4.The template for the A2 plate. Done on 100 x 50, 3mm plywood. Mark a line 35mm
---From
the longer side.Mark a line 45 mm from the shorter side. At the intersection of
those
lines drill a hole to fit the AN4-10A bolt. Use the template to position A2 plus
bolt
in the closeout. Reverse the template for the other aileron. Works well to
quarantee
the
same radius for both ailerons swinging cycle...if you see what I mean!!

Cheers
Tim
--
Timothy. P. Ward