Reponse to Ted & Justin Advice re Flaps

Subject: Reponse to Ted & Justin Advice re Flaps
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 20:07:31
We carefully filed the top and bottom of the flap actuating arm slots in
the side of the fuselage to act as the up and down stops for the flaps.
File a little at a time on each side as you get close to the final
position as altering the top stop on one side has a slight opposite
effect on the other side .  With this method you can very accurately
adjust for the correct flap movement on each side.   We also reinforced
the inner skin of the fuselage in the area of the top and bottom of the
flap slots with two layers of bid and flox to thicken it in the area
where the flap actuating arm will abut it.

Ted & Justin

If you do as Ted and Justin recommend please make quite sure that the
limit created at the flaps down  position does not stop the landing gear
---From going fully overcentre.  Also check that vibration in flight does
not cause any wear of the flap operating tube.

Regards,

Roger Bull - Europa Aircraft

Gerry Holland
Intranet Solutions Inc.