Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna

Subject: Re: Adhesive Copper Tape for Com Antenna
From: Graham E Laucht <graham@ukavid.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 09:23:33
In message <339AE195.5AF6@xtra.co.nz>, Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
writes
>Trying to track down 5ft of adhesive Copper tape for the Com Antenna in
>the Fin. Has to be about 1/2 inch or more wide. Tried in the UK and
>locally around Los Angeles to no avail.
>Anybody have some I can purchase or know where to get it.

Why do you not substitute two lengths of copper braid, this could be
drawn out of a piece of coax if necessary.

Another alternative look, in your Yellow pages equivalent for Printed
Circuit board manufacturers locally and see if you can scrounge some
unetched offcuts, ideally single sided epoxy glass fibre board, which
can be cut to the required size. (It is how I make a lot of development
antenna)

If all you can obtain is double sided material then it will be necessary
to join both sides together with wire "worms" drilled every few inches
soldered both sides and one at each each extreme end. Unless both sides
are shorted together you can have some interesting capacative effects
which I find useful but you might find a pain.

You might also contact Jim Weir in the States (regular correspondant
here) who sells a complete bag of bits, including tape, small ferrite
doughnuts for matching and some useful information on constructing tape
antennae for a small number of dollars.
--
Graham E Laucht