My slip is showing.....

Subject: My slip is showing.....
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 17:04:28
When test flying G-EMIN,  Andy was suspicious of the readings of the slip
indicator.
On reflection I think it is accounted for by its mounting flush  in the right
side of the panel. This is not transverse to the longitudinal axis (by some 6
degrees) with the result that it will pick up components from the pitch axis,
and accelerations if any.

Keeps one a bit busy calculating all those sines and cosines in flight
(:-))), so  I guess I will just have to re-align it out of the panel plane.
Serves me right for leaving no space in the conventional half of the panel.

Thought for the day - what does one of these stuck on on the side of the
cockpit show you ?

Graham C.