Re: Mod 37 undercarriage

Subject: Re: Mod 37 undercarriage
From: Eric Evers <evers@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:26:10
>>> Klaus - es gibt wahrscheinlich ein Ausdruck fuer<< Das hab Ich auch nicht
>verstehen. Gibt es kein Ausdruck in mein Wortbuch.
>Push out?

Graham, I think it is time you treated yourself to a new Woerterbuch.  Your
guess is nearly there, it means 'expression' (as in 'phrase' or 'figure of
 I think there is also much confusion with "es gibt" and "gibt es?" - get it?

Did you hear the one about the computer which could transtate English to
Russian and vice versa?  While being tested it was fed with the Ausdruck
(just testing you): "Out of sight, out of mind" to translate into Russian
and then back into English.  The result was "Invisible and insane".  The old

PS: If I use the facility of generating ascii characters by keying Alt+[nnn]
For example Alt+ [153]  generates upper case 'O-umlaut'.  It works here on
my screen: (=D6) so I could use the proper spelling of "W=D6RTERBUCH".   I am
using Eudora Light. I wonder whether it is properly received by enough
e-mail editors to make it worth using when the need arises.  Please don't
Maybe just try changing your 'signature'  to include: (=DC) [Alt+ 154] for

                Mit freundlichen GR=DCSSEN von Eudora Light.
Eric Evers
Ayrshire, Scotland
Ham: GM0 BVK